Our 7&8W girls worked on a number of projects in the school/local community. They had varying degrees of success but learnt a lot along the way. At Yr 7&8 level, the process is just as important as the outcome.
Some of the projects included:
– Attempting to establish a campaign addressing the issue of fast food restaurants close to schools in Hornby
– Addressing the issue of healthy food with our school canteen
– Putting forward a proposal to have ‘leadership roles’ for Yr 7&8 at Villa Maria College
– A wrapper-free initiative
– Exploring ways of getting more students biking to school
– A clean up rubbish event in Heathcote