#SVASchools is our campaign mobilise, encourage, and support a new generation of volunteers.
The SVA ethos is that anyone – no matter your age, skills or ability – can be a volunteer.
Each year SVA produces a magic box of volunteering that contains all the things students and their teachers need to create their own volunteering project.
The boxes develop each year but include:
- 32 job based badges to ensure everyone has a role and a responsibility.
- The “SVA Guide to Project Success” helping you find a project, build a team and operate an incredible volunteer day
- A fact Sheet outlining all the secrets behind how SVA runs their volunteering projects and videos of how the big kids at University make it happen
- A pack of project cards which include checklists, job descriptions and project ideas – everything your students need to complete their project
- Surprise extras like a $50 New World Voucher to help you make food for others in your community!
- Health and Safety letter for schools
How it works
CREATING A GENERATION OF VOLUNTEERS:
The aim of the Primary School Program is to enable students, with the help of their teachers, to identify a need in their community and come up with a way to meet this need. The purpose of the Program is to ensure the volunteering spirit is part of the student’s identity. The students then use the kit to run their own volunteer event. This may be a one day event, or could be an ongoing project.
NZ CURRICULUM LEARNINGS:
Taking collective action for the care of other people in our school and wider community.
Understanding how people participate collectively in response to community challenges.
Undertaking planning that includes stakeholder feedback to develop an outcome