Projects in our class:
– Writing to a local retirement village
– Visiting the retirement village to learn how to knit (currently knitting at lunchtimes to learn how to make items to donate)
– Native tree planting at school
– Making first aid kits for homeless people. Items for these kits were donated from a local supermarket. The students made it on to the Auckland City Mission Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/BaVSA82lMIw/?hl=en&taken-by=aucklandcitymission
– Making toys for a local doctors surgery who didn’t have toys in their waiting room
All groups experienced success. Since SVA, students have been more independent, self-motivated and organised when completing collaborative projects. It was a very powerful learning experience for our children.