The Tamariki of Korimako, Ashley School, went to the local play centre to volunteer their time. We had a first visit to see who they were and how and where we could help. We had seven groups and the 5 and 6-year-olds did all the planning.
- Our Kapa Haka group performed and taught Poi, Jump Jam, and dancing.
- Our catering group supplied a morning tea for everyone.
- Our environment group supplied and planted out seedlings for the centre using their own supplies. They also cleaned up the centre and collected rubbish in the surrounding environment.
- The babies group helped look after the babies – feeding, entertaining, and reading to them.
- Our craft group supplied paper and taught them how to make paper planes.
- Our construction group worked and played in the sandpit. we now have a special connection with the local Playcentre and have plans to join forces and raise funds for other good causes!
An awesome experience that our Tamariki just embraced. They loved the badges and wore them (days later) with pride.
These students investigated how they could help in our community.
One created book bags that they filled with old school journals for children in the hospital.
The other group created Memory Seeds to be given out to people who have had a pet die. They delivered these to our local vet clinic.